Check with your doctor as soon as possible if you have any problems while taking Celebrex (Celecoxib).
Even if you do not think the problems are related to the drug or are not listed in this leaflet.
Like other medicines, Celebrex (Celecoxib) can cause some side effects. If they occur, most are likely to be minor and temporary.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion, wind
- swollen hands, ankles and feet, unexplained weight gain
- sore throat, runny nose, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection.
Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- rash, including hives, red spots, itchy
- blisters and bleeding on the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals
- swelling, blistering or peeling of the skin, which may be accompanied by fever, chills, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, joint and muscle pain
- other signs of an allergic reaction such as wheezing, swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue, or throat that may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- collapse or faintness, trouble breathing or tiredness, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, swollen or sore veins in the legs
- severe pain in the stomach or throat, vomiting of blood or black sticky bowel movements
- bleeding or bruising more than usual, red or purple spots under the skin
- nausea, lethargy, itching, flu-like or yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- signs of anemia such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and pale appearance
- loss or deterioration of hearing
- redness, irritation or watering of the eye(s)
- to experience sensations with any of the senses (sight, sound, touch, taste or sensation) that may not be real
- severe or persistent headache, fever, stiff neck, sensitivity to light, and vomiting.
These are serious side effects. You may need urgent medical attention. Not all of these side effects have been reported with Celebrex, but have been seen with similar medications. Other side effects not mentioned above may occur in some people.
Do not be alarmed by this list of possible side effects. You can not get any of them.
Tell your doctor if you notice something that is making you feel bad, even if you are not on this list.